Are you using Tags and Pinned Queries in your RLDatix system? These features can help ensure consistency when conducting searches, minimise individual user discrepancies and help provide real-time oversight to support with administration needs, as well as local level monitoring.
When you are searching within a module are you frequently selecting multiple options from drop down lists?
- Maybe you are selecting all the locations/services applicable to a national benchmarking submission.
- Maybe you have been asked to do a review of incidents on current COVID wards and need to select all the applicable wards.
- Maybe you have a number of single sex wards that you want to group together to analyse.
Do you want staff to be able to view and monitor key priorities in real-time?
- Maybe your annual report has identified a particular rise in pressure ulcers and you want handlers to see open incidents, where a pressure ulcer of a specific category has occurred on their ward?
- Maybe you have a field on your incident form that relates to assessing whether a patient safety incident requires a more comprehensive investigation, and you want handlers to be able to see all those records, where they are the assigned handler and if the record is still open?
Pinned Queries show logged-in staff real-time data regarding records, whether they are themes, individual record or key priorities.
- Tags are in essence a marker that sit outside of your multi-coded field (for example your location hierarchy or category) that you can use to group together codes and refine your searches further.
- Tags are available in Incidents, Risk Register, PALS, Complaints and Claims modules.
- Go to Admin > Tag set up, to set up your Tag Title. You can also assign a title to the codes you want to group together.
- Please refer to “How to enable Tags in DatixWeb” article for a step by step guide.
- Pinned Queries allow you to add saved queries to the front home page of a specific module.
- Users will have sight of this information when logged in and can help them monitor key priorities.
- Pinned queries are now available across a number of modules and submodules, including Incidents, Complaints, Claims, Risk Register, PALS, Actions and Contacts (please note this is available for wider modules from V14.0.35) .
- A tip when creating and saving a query is to fully explore using “@user_” symbols (e.g. @user_initials in Handler field). This allows you to refine the information a user sees by their access permissions and make sure the query is shared with everyone.
- Then go to DatixWeb config and select the module of choice and there is an option to pin 10 queries per module.
- Please refer to the “Improvement: Pinned queries available for other modules” article for a step by step guide.
Visit the RLDatix customer portal to read more about these features: